125 N Marion Street Oak Park, IL 60301
Serving Oak Park, IL
Policy Update and Business Hours
Dear Customers and Friends,
The Gold Hatpin is open for business and we’re very excited to see old and new faces again! We’ve made some modifications to the shop and have been stocking up on alcohol dips for the jewelry, sanitizing wipes, face masks and hand sanitizer to make sure all are safe when visiting us. I’ve participated in webinars and our staff and I have been meeting via Zoom to make sure our customers and staff have a fun, positive and safe experience at our store. Here’s what you can expect when coming to The Gold Hatpin in Oak Park:
1. We will be open for business initially on a reduced schedule of Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11-6, and Saturdays from 11-5. Other days and times by appointment.
2. Staff will be wearing masks and we ask that you also wear a mask while shopping. Once you enter our space we will request that you face the camera without your mask for security purposes. Please understand the issues involved with people coming into a jewelry store wearing masks. We may not recognize you only from the eyes up!
3. Because of the small size of our space we are limiting customers to 1 person or 1 couple at a time. You’re welcome to take your chances that no customer is already in the store and just stop in, but we will request that you wait outside the gate to our store until the previous customer has departed and we’ve had time to sanitize surfaces before you will be allowed access.
4. If you’re unable or don’t want to wait please feel free to call us at 708-445-0610 for an appointment. We’ll be happy to set that up for you.
5. We have erected a clear, see-through physical barrier above the showcases similar to what’s been installed at grocery stores, but tailored to our specific situation to minimize the virus spread.
6. If you prefer to do your jewelry viewing online, we continue to upload new images everyday via Instagram. Please visit our page @goldhatpin. We are more than happy to communicate via DM or email: email@example.com with additional imagery and product information. We very much look forward to hearing from you and don’t forget, we offer insured worldwide shipping!
While we all must take extra precautions to stay safe during these times, the need and desire to commemorate birthdays, anniversaries, births, graduations, and other special occasions remains. And nothing marks the occasion like a beautiful piece of antique or estate jewelry. We hope you will feel comfortable stopping by or scheduling an appointment with us soon. We also Zoom and FaceTime. We look forward to seeing you all!
The Gold Hatpin
125 N. Marion St. Oak Park, IL 60301
708-445-0610 and 708-848-3247
www.goldhatpin.com Instagram: @goldhatpin
This is such a unique store! I found my wedding band here, and the selection was incredible (be sure to tell them what you're looking for, as they have a lot more trays in the back that aren't on display). I couldn't find any similar place in all of Chicago-land. They were very patient with me as it took me a bit of time to make up my mind, and I thought the pricing was very fair. Would absolutely recommend to anyone interested in a vintage wedding band or any vintage jewelry.
(FYI it's located inside another store, so initially I was confused when trying to find them based on the map)
- Margaret Dolan. 5/29/2019
Such an AMAZING shop if you are interested in vintage jewelry at very fair prices. Lynn made my engagement ring a dream come true. I bought a simple gold filigree ring from the gold hatpin and she completely transformed it by placing my family diamond in the center. I was worried because I wanted to retain the integrity of the original vintage ring (not look like some modern setting placed on a vintage ring) and wanted to make sure the diamond looked like it was meant to be there. Lynn listened to all my concerns and delivered a result better than I could have imagined (she has quite the eye for vintage jewelry and how to tastefully modify it)!!! I will definitely be back to shop again in the future. Thanks so much to everyone at the gold hatpin :)
- Christa Aleman. 9/15/2018
Diane of The Gold Hatpin is without a doubt the person you need to meet if you’re interested in finding a unique or antique piece of jewelry, or even creating something entirely new and different, she can truly do it all! She was integral in creating my engagement ring (below), from concept to design to execution, she worked tirelessly alongside me to bring this ring to life. No matter where you live or work in Chicagoland, you need to make this a destination for any of your jewelry needs, whether big or small, she has the passion and ability to make dreams come true!